The project “Accompagnement Scolaire (AS)” for primary started in 2007 to help children residing in Vallée-Pitot and its surroundings to attend and to succeed at school. It aimed mainly at helping the children achieve better in CPE subjects and to be better prepared for the secondary programme.
The project now aims to enhance student engagement in learning and maximise student chances for success within the new educational reforms. Focus is placed on the use of ICT in classrooms, by using Interactive White Boards and individual tablets to create an e-learning platform. It is hoped that pupils, especially those with learning difficulties, can develop new study skills for success.
The project consists in supporting children in fundamental subjects such as Maths, English, French and ICT so that they can leverage the application of the latter in other mainstream subjects on a short to mid-term basis. Our teaching methodologies are pluralised to cater for specific individual needs and positive continuous feedback is provided to boost self-esteem and improve performance. From a long-term perspective, it aims to improve their future employability.
The project aims to meet individual learning needs by providing children from disadvantaged socio-economic backgrounds with personal and psycho social support as well as with differentiated educational tools to help them succeed at school
- To help children catch up with the school curriculum in core and non-core subjects.
- Use of a Smart Classroom to enhance teaching and learning.
- Provide life skills to deprived children so as to prevent chronic absenteeism and school drop-outs.
- Offer psychological help for those with learning difficulties.
- Help parents understand the Nine-Year Schooling reforms so that they can make informed decisions.
Break the vicious circle of poverty by encouraging parents and children to understand the link between education and work.