ELIT course stands for English Literacy using Information Technology. It is basically a course in functional English literacy targeting learners with low academic level in English and Computer.
The aim of the ELIT project is to raise the level of functional English of young girls and women so as to enable them to develop their knowledge potential, communication abilities and participate effectively in society.
The specific objectives are:
- To provide young girls and women with the possibility for further education and to increase their employability
- To improve their creative skills
- To empower them to take advantage of schemes, promoting entrepreneurship development
- To develop a productivity culture through non-formal education
- To facilitate inter-generation learning
- To bridge the digital divide by using ICT as a tool to make learning more interesting, interactive and flexible.